Beth Blake's Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ah Ha - There are Monsters in Walden Pond!


This morning I met up with a bunch of my TE Ladies (and one of our honorary male teammates - Daniel ;)) for one last dip in Walden Pond before Ironman Canada (ok, maybe it's not one last dip, but it could be).

Walden in the morning is absolutely breath-taking. Today due to the warm water and cool air temperatures, a mist of fog rolled along just above the surface of the pond while the sun created dancing jewels on top of the water.

Oh... and some die-hard triathletes disrupted the tranquility as they powered through the water :)

Just before we got in - Robin found this shell creature and picked it up out of the water. This confirmed my theory that there are monsters in Walden Pond - gross!!! Btw, what the hell is a lobster doing in Walden?

I tried out my new goggles (they are mirrored - now, I'm sure to intimidate my competitors!), received more wetsuit hickeys from Jessica's wetsuit, and FINALLY swam a straight line to Shipwreck Cove.

Those of you who don't know Shipwreck Cove - it is the furthest point you can swim at Walden (Rumor has it, it's about .6 miles). Shipwreck Cove was a name coined by Robin (who likes to name everything) and came from Jessica's and my observation that "Eeeew! it is one spooky-looking place." I swear there are pirates there!

Post return trip to Triathletes' Beach, Michelle picked up the lobster, again, and this time I got a photo (no it's not like the Nessie pics you see on TV or in the tabloids). In fact, it is a close up of Wally - yes, I named him. Now we have proof. So, that time a couple years back, when Jessica and I stopped swimming and started screaming in the middle of our swim, was not unwarranted!

Stop laughing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home