Sun is shining...
Today the weather was hinting at Fall. Robin, Joe and I took advantage of the sunny day and took our wheels out for a leisurely spin.
We stopped into Runner's Edge, my favorite run store, said "hello" to Tony (the owner) bought some new kicks and talked Ironman :) Tony is an Ironman, too! After we said our goodbyes, I stuffed my sneakers into my bike shorts (oh yeah and you thought I had a big butt before) and we headed back to Robin's.
Next, we grabbed the pooches (Hunter and Spencer) and headed for the Middlesex Fells. I love the Fells - we trail ran all through out flying through the woods, jumping off rocks, tripping on branches, and jumping fallen trees - it was so much fun. Everytime I trail run, I feel like a kid again. You never realize just how hard you are working til you finish.
Later that night, I could feel my extremely tight Iliotibiol band and the calves felt like they went through a meat shredder, but dammit, my mind felt good!
As the day was beautiful, the night was just as wonderful! My friend Kierstyn celebrated her birthday in style with friends on the deck of Jimmy's Harborside. Good food, drinks and company were enjoyed through out the night as we overlooked the harbor.
We stopped into Runner's Edge, my favorite run store, said "hello" to Tony (the owner) bought some new kicks and talked Ironman :) Tony is an Ironman, too! After we said our goodbyes, I stuffed my sneakers into my bike shorts (oh yeah and you thought I had a big butt before) and we headed back to Robin's.
Next, we grabbed the pooches (Hunter and Spencer) and headed for the Middlesex Fells. I love the Fells - we trail ran all through out flying through the woods, jumping off rocks, tripping on branches, and jumping fallen trees - it was so much fun. Everytime I trail run, I feel like a kid again. You never realize just how hard you are working til you finish.
Later that night, I could feel my extremely tight Iliotibiol band and the calves felt like they went through a meat shredder, but dammit, my mind felt good!
As the day was beautiful, the night was just as wonderful! My friend Kierstyn celebrated her birthday in style with friends on the deck of Jimmy's Harborside. Good food, drinks and company were enjoyed through out the night as we overlooked the harbor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home