Beth Blake's Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Going back to basics - h2o



^ How cute is this boy? Doesn't he make you want to drink water? Courtesy of: http://www.uri.edu/ce/wq/has/images/boy2_small.jpg


After an email exchange with Joni (thanks chica!), I realized that I am neglecting something so simple, so basic, so necessary... water.

Therefore, I admit to you - I have not been drinking water.

*gasp!*

I decided a blog confession was needed as it is now in pixels, which is almost as good as getting it in writing, no?

To help motivate my water intake, I have decided to research all of the health benefits to drinking water (as they say, education = power, or something like that).

Below are some facts that make me want to move the water cooler next to my desk :)

H2O:
+ Increases energy (I can see this, afterall I will be going to the bathroom more often - heehee)
+ Removes toxins (think Grand Canyon - the Colorado River cleaned that bad boy out!)
+ Keeps hair and skin healthy (sorta like a plant - if you water it, it's alive... if you don't it shrivles up)
+ Keeps you regular (and as Helen has pointed out, poop is a major indicator of your health)

Bottom line: drink water

Heck, if you google "health benefits to drinking water", you get about 34,600,000 hits. So if you don't believe me, check out some of these links:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-78-0-0-5382,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water then scroll down to "Human uses of water"
http://www.betterwayhealth.com/drinking-water.asp
http://www.myramichaels.com/water.htm
http://www.drdonnica.com/today/00007230.htm
http://www.healthrecipes.com/water.htm

If you still aren't convinced, google it, baby!

I did find one article that suggested water wasn't all it is cracked up to be. I suspect the author has stock in coffee or something. For sake of argument, check out:
http://www.flp-aloevera.co.uk/water_benefits.htm

Does anyone have any insight (pro- or con-H2O) on this one?

Now if you will excuse me, I need to get a glass of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home