One song from my life's soundtrack
I am a sentimental girl.
I try to be tough, but deep down inside, I am a sap.
To this day, I still think about my sky blue, heart-shaped, Barbie sunglasses. When I was seven, I left my shades behind at a rest station on a family vacation. I was so sad to have forgotten them on top of the Rollmastr. I begged and pleaded with my parents to go back, but given it would cost them more money in gas and tolls to return, they declined. I remember thinking my sunglasses would be so lonely....
This probably comes as no surprise to you - but I had another sentimental moment. I was running errands this weekend and Cold Play's Speed of Sound came on the radio while I was driving.
Tears welled in my eyes and like a slide show, images of this summer's Ironman played in my head. This is an Ironman song.
As Chris Martin sang, How long before I get in? Before it starts, before I begin? a lump gathered in my throat - I can't help but to reminisce of Ironman Canada - the fun, excitement, nerves, pride... I miss that day!
As the song continued, memories of the summer invaded my thoughts. I long for the warm summer days, sweating, wearing shorts, and training with friends. I can remember the initial, refreshing, and cooling sensation when my body submerged into Walden and I began my journey across the pond or that feeling of accomplishment as I finished up the last 100 yards of my 90-mile ride.
I know these moments will not be lost and I will cherish them forever. They can be brought back within the course of a few musical notes. This is just another song found on my life's soundtrack. I love having these little reminders of such positive and warm memories.
I wonder what song will be added next?
I try to be tough, but deep down inside, I am a sap.
To this day, I still think about my sky blue, heart-shaped, Barbie sunglasses. When I was seven, I left my shades behind at a rest station on a family vacation. I was so sad to have forgotten them on top of the Rollmastr. I begged and pleaded with my parents to go back, but given it would cost them more money in gas and tolls to return, they declined. I remember thinking my sunglasses would be so lonely....
This probably comes as no surprise to you - but I had another sentimental moment. I was running errands this weekend and Cold Play's Speed of Sound came on the radio while I was driving.
Tears welled in my eyes and like a slide show, images of this summer's Ironman played in my head. This is an Ironman song.
As Chris Martin sang, How long before I get in? Before it starts, before I begin? a lump gathered in my throat - I can't help but to reminisce of Ironman Canada - the fun, excitement, nerves, pride... I miss that day!
As the song continued, memories of the summer invaded my thoughts. I long for the warm summer days, sweating, wearing shorts, and training with friends. I can remember the initial, refreshing, and cooling sensation when my body submerged into Walden and I began my journey across the pond or that feeling of accomplishment as I finished up the last 100 yards of my 90-mile ride.
I know these moments will not be lost and I will cherish them forever. They can be brought back within the course of a few musical notes. This is just another song found on my life's soundtrack. I love having these little reminders of such positive and warm memories.
I wonder what song will be added next?

2 Comments:
One song I'm listening to these days:
Everyday Is a Winding Road....
See you Saturday night you-know-where!
By
Robin, at 12:26 AM
ooohhh...hey look at me! I added my picture.
:)
By
Robin, at 12:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home