Beth Blake's Blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

I survived!


^ pre-race, L-R: Christina, Allison, Laurie, Heather, me



^ after finishing my second swim and onto the 8-mile run


I am an official survivor of the race - Survival of the Shawangunks.

Yesterday's race was an eight-stage triathlon held in New Paltz, New York in the Catskills. Six-hours and 38 minutes after the start, I road 30 miles, ran 4.2 miles, swam 1.1 miles, ran 5.5 miles, swam .5 miles, ran 8 miles, swam .5 miles, and ran .7 miles to Skytop tower.

I have always wanted to take this challenge on since a friend told me about it in 2003. Three years, later I...

...did not crash in the mass bike start and climbed to the base of a mountain
...swam with my shoes on and did NOT drown
...thawed enough on the run to prevent becoming a human popscicle
...ran under rock climbers scaling Mohonk Mountain and up some narly hills

Special thanks to Tania for being my support crew!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home