Beth Blake's Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Four more weeks

After hearing about the horrid conditions at IMCDA on Sunday, Pam's report of her Lake Placid training adventure where she got blown off her bike - twice, and not being able to find my cycling legs yet, I think it is safe to say I am a little nervous!

I know I need to believe - and I do think my confidence is somewhere buried deep down inside... somewhere... just wish I could find it right now.

Well, I'm going to have to find it soon because, this is it - one last big push before I taper. Time to make sure my mental training has caught up to my miles.

3 Comments:

  • hey beth - i know you totally have it within you! you are a great athlete with several years of hard work behind you including a great endurance base, the speediness you picked up last year, and lots of experience to know where to push yourself and where to go easy - you did ashland under some tough conditions and still managed to do really well - if possible this coming weekend, maybe take a nice ride out to wachusett - it's beautiful out that way - and do the long climb up 62 through princeton center and then end going up wachusett - do it slow and steady, but just try to finish it - i think that it is somewhat comparable to the climb back up to lake placid, as a matter of fact, the last part of the climb up the "feed zone" in princeton center is harder so once you do that, you'll totally be set for placid :)

    By Blogger supersonique, at 4:03 PM  

  • HEY BETH!

    YOU TOTALLY HAVE IT IN YOU! IT'S 90% MENTAL. YOU GOT IT, BABY!

    THIS IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING!

    GO GET IT!

    YEAH! And I'll see you there!

    Robin

    By Blogger Robin, at 11:07 PM  

  • Okay, I just now watched you finish IMC on you movie clip. HOW COOL IS THAT? You need to watch that gain and think LP! Your legs will be good enough to get you through.

    woo-hoo!

    By Blogger Robin, at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home