Staying on the edge of my seat

^Greg Lemond in the 1989 Tour when he surprised everyone and beat Laurent Fignon by 8 seconds on the last day; the smallest margin ever. photo from www.cnnsi.com

^ the finish line at Lake Placid. photo from www.xtri.com
Can you believe it? It is July already. That means two things to me: le Tour and Ironman.
This year's tour has been full of surprises. Besides nixxing the Team Time-Trail (my absolute favorite stage!), the day before the prologue, nine cylcits, including GC contenders Jan Ulrich and Ivan Basso were forced out on doping charges. Without 7-time winner Lance Armstrong, I knew the tour was going to be a tough one to predict. But with the latest allegations - who knows what is going to happen.
And like this year's tour, I am unsure of this year's ironman - I really can't predict how it is going to go for me.
This year, my journey has been different. I am confident that I put in some good quality miles, but I did not train how I originally thought I would. Life was happenin' and you can't stop life. I did my best to take care of the essentials (personal life, career, training, recovery, etc.). Afterall, sometimes you just have to go with it.
And so I went... and I took it a step further and embraced it :)
On July 23rd, as the peleton rides through Champs-Elysees and I run through the Olympic oval, the time will have come - No point in wasting energy on the "should've, could've, would've"s.
It's here & I can't wait!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home