Beth Blake's Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

Suck it up, buttercup!

I am scared about a ride I am going to do in a week - is that pathetic or what? I am not even thinking about this week's ride - hello, focus!

Cycling-extradonaire Pam and I were going to do a ride next week that has painful climbs. And I am already shaking in my Sidi Genius 5 Lorica® Women's Road Cylcing Shoes!

I am trying to put things in perspective. I know the route - stop being a baby, it is marked. I don't have to be great - it is a training ride with a friend, no need to put so much pressure on yourself. Sometimes you need to suffer to get to the next level - yes, yes, keep going...!

It is okay to fail - ouch, I hate that lesson, but it is true. Those hills aren't going to flatten out in Lake Placid, Beth - I know... augh!

Stop thinking, and just ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home