Beth Blake's Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

On the up and up - I just signed up for SOS


^you ride by fields of sunflowers



^ one of the swim legs



^ view from the finish line



^ you can see for miles from the top of the observatory



^Mariana finishing the race :)


I just sent in my race entry for September 10th, Survival of the Shawangunks - I can't wait! This eight-leg, multi-sport adventure has each 'survivor' make their way up the top of a moutain range in New Paltz, New York.

Here's the order of events:
30 mile bike
4.2 mile trail run
1.1 mile swim
5.5 mile trail run
.5 mile swim
8 mile trail run
.5 mile swim
.7 mile climb to the top of the observatory

The views are spectacular - country roads, roaring waterfalls, luscious vegetation, fields of sunflowers, pristine lakes and ponds - it's gorgeous!

I have wanted to do this race ever since I crewed for Mariana back in 2004. Now I need to get my crew together... any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home