Beth Blake's Blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thinking outside the box: my goal for training this season

My pal, Joni, compliments me everytime she has to come up with an abstract solution. She says, "Think outside the box, like my Bethie does."

Well Joni, thank you for the compliment. But I have to say, this is something I need and want to work on more.

This has become my goal for Ironman training this season.

To keep things fresh, interesting, and to maximize my time, I am making a concerted effort to apply think outside the box for as much of my training as I can.

My first success came this past Friday.

Every Friday, my colleagues and I head out for a 4-mile jaunt around Lexington. Afterall, we are in-training for the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge.

After finishing up our run, I wished my co-workers a good weekend and met up with Tania for our run home. It was a great way to unwind, get in my long run, and trade stories.

So when is my next abstract workout... good question! Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • the kanc tomorrow - we can be total cheeseballs and sing that climb every mountain song from the sound of music when we get to the top

    By Blogger supersonique, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home